5 injured in Jalalabad blast
JALALABAD (PAN): Five people were injured in a blast in the eastern province of Nangarhar on Monday, officials said.
The incident occurred at 11am in front of the Eid Gah mosque, when explosives hidden on a handcart were detonated by remote control, the governor's spokesman, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Some civilians were injured, he said.
Five wounded civilians were taken to Jalalabad civil hospital, director of the public health department, Dr. Baz Mohammad Sherzad, said.
The injured were in stable condition, he said.
Members of the provincial council and religious scholars were meeting in the mosque when the blast took place, the spokesman for the council, Saadullah Fitrat, said.
It was the third explosion over the past four days in Nangarhar province.
A police officer was killed and two others were injured three days earlier in a blast in Hisarak district of the province, while three police were injured two days ago in similar explosion in Chaparhar district.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.