Girls die after eating poisonous plant
"My two daughters died after they ate a poisonous herb, called Marg-i-Zanan in the local dialect," their father, Taj Mohammad, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Aged five and six, they ate the plant as he was collecting firewood in the Yarchi village of the district, Mohammad said, adding one of the children died on the spot and the other in hospital.
The girls had eaten a lot of herbs. The six-year-old passed away in hospital, Parwan Civil Hospital Director Abdul Khalil Farhangi said.
Three years back, 11 girls lost their lives after eating similar plants in the northern province of Kunduz.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.