ISAF vehicle crushes child to death
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): A vehicle of foreign troops traveling in a convoy crushed to death a child in southern Kandahar province, an official said on Sunday.
The incident took place in the Chawni area of Kandahar City, the provincial capital, on Saturday afternoon, Zalmay Ayubi, the governor's spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The convoy, heading to Arghandab district, emerged from an ISAF base in the city. It hit the child who walking the road, he said, adding the incident was being investigated.
Abdullah, the victim's uncle, said Abu Bakar was five years old. Residents tried to stop the convoy, but the troops opened fire into the air and left the area.
The relative asked foreign forces to avoid traveling roads in daytime. There is no word from the ISAF about the incident so far.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.