2 Afghan soldiers killed in blast
HERAT CITY (PAN): Two Afghan soldiers were killed and three others were injured when their convoy struck a roadside bomb in western Herat province on Wednesday, officials said.
The incident happened in Bakwa district as the Afghan National Army (ANA) convoy headed to Farah city, the provincial capital, an ANA commander in Zafar 207th military corps, Gen. Mohammad Akram, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The injured soldiers were in stable condition, he said, adding, it was yet to be determined whether the mine had been planted recently or was left over from previous wars.
However, a Taliban spokesman, Qari Yosuf Ahmadi, said the bomb destroyed two armored vehicles of foreign forces and killed and wounded eight soldiers in the Chagaz area of Bakwa district.
Local officials rejected the claim while the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force has not commented on the incident.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.