2 children die in Nangarhar explosion
JALALABAD (PAN): Two children were killed and a third was wounded when a bomb attached to a container went off in eastern Nangarhar province on Friday, an official.
The blast took place in Banga area of Behsud district at 9am, the district chief, Haider Shayiq, told Pajhwok Afghan News. Driver of the vehicle carrying the container had been arrested, he said.
Uncle of the two children killed in the blast, Allah Nazar, said the victims had traveled to Banga area from Samarkhel village with other family members to attend a wedding party.
They were nine and 11 years old, he added.
The injured child, the son of a local doctor, was being treated at a local hospital, Nazar said.
The blast came a day after two rockets were fired into Jalalabad city, the province capital, but there was no report about casualties.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.