Karzai to replace acting ministers soon: Omar
The list will also carry the names of Supreme Court members appointed by the President for a vote of trust, Waheed Omar told a press conference in Kabul.
In 2009, Karzai introduced his 24 cabinet picks to the Parliament, but only seven of them were able to get the trust vote, with the house rejecting most of them.
On Jan. 9, 2010, the president sent a new list of 17 ministers designate, but again the house rejected 10 of them.
Later in July the same year, five candidates secured the vote of confidence from the lower house of the Parliament in Karzai's third list of nominees
"In next few days, a list of ministers-designate and members of the Supreme Court will be sent to the Wolesi Jirga," Waheed Omar said, but he did not provide an exact date.
Responding to a question about police failure to prevent UN casualties in an attack on its compound in Mazar-i-Sharif, Waheed Omar said the President had ordered investigation into the deadly attack that killed up to two dozen people, including seven foreign UN staff.
Angry protests over the burning of a Quran by a Florida pastor, Terry Jones began in the relatively peaceful northern town of Mazar-i-Sharif.
Seven members of the UN mission to the war-torn nation were killed when the protesters attacked the world body's office. A Norwegian, a Swede, a Romanian and four Nepalese guards were among the dead.
Five Afghan protesters were also killed in clashes with police.
A dozen other people were killed in two days of violent protests in the southern city of Kandahar.
Karzai on Sunday "issued two separate decrees and assigned two committees for Kandahar and Mazar-i-Sharif," Omer said.
"They are tasked to investigate the factors which turned the demonstrations to violence, and what caused the failure of police that could not prevent this," Omar said.
The Kandahar provincial administration said that a delegation appointed by Karzai to investigate deadly unrest in the city began work on Monday.
Omar also briefed journalists about the rejection of budget draft for the new Afghan year by the lower house.
On March 28, a majority of parliamentarians rejected the budget saying it has many problems.
Also approved by the Meshrano Jirga or upper house of Parliament three weeks back, the budget draft had been sent to the Wolesi Jirga for approval.
Members of the lower house say the budget lacks basic projects with a 40 percent decrease compared to previous year's projects, and unequal distribution of funds among provinces.
With a total outlay of 150 billion afghanis ($3.3 billion), the budget sets aside 65.7 billion afghanis for development activities.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.