2 teen boys killed in Zabul roadside blast
QALAT (PAN): Two teenage boys were killed and a third was wounded when the vehicle they were traveling in hit a roadside bomb in southern Zabul province, officials said on Thursday.
The blast happened late on Wednesday in an area between Qalat and Arghandab district, deputy governor Mohammad Jan Rasoulyar told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He blamed anti-governmental elements, a reference to the Taliban, for planting the bomb to target security forces. An investigation had been launched into the incident, he said.
A doctor on duty at the Qalat central hospital, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed they had received two dead bodies and a wounded person.
He added the wounded boy, 11-year-old who was in a critical condition had been sent to Kandahar for treatment.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.