Blast leaves 5 civilians dead in Ghazni
GHAZNI CITY (PAN): A roadside bomb blast claimed the lives of five people in southern Ghazni province, an official said on Thursday.
The five civilians were traveling in a car when the bomb allegedly planted by the Taliban ripped through their vehicle in Zargar village of Ghazni city on Wednesday night, police chief, Col. Zarawar Zahid, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The blast took place as a joint convoy of Afghan and foreign troops passed by, he said, adding the road, where the blast happened, links Ghazni city with Waghaz district.
Abdul Wali, who witnessed the incident, said the explosion was so powerful that it tore apart the civilian car and charred the bodies beyond recognition.
No group has so far taken responsibility for the attack.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.