Six civilians injured in Kandahar blast
KANDAHARCITY (PAN): Six civilians were injured as a result of a roadside bomb attack on a joint convoy of Afghan and international forces in the southern province of Kandahar, officials said on Tuesday.
The explosion took place at 8:30am when a convoy of Afghan and International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops was passing through the Shikarpoor area in the second police district of Kandahar City, the provincial capital.
Five civilians, who were injured in the blast, were taken to hospital, the Kandahar deputy police chief, Col. Sher Shah Yousafzai, told Pajhwok Afghan News
Three children were among the six injured people who were brought to Mirwais Hospital, a doctor on duty said on condition of anonymity. Their condition was stable, he added. No one has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.