A civilian killed, 15 injured in Herat blasts
HERATCITY (PAN): One man was killed and 15 others were wounded as a result of three separate bomb explosions in the western province of Herat, officials said on Tuesday.
A land mine exploded on Tuesday morning, when Kuchis were taking herds to a pasture in the Shor Arab area of Rabat-i-Sangi district, an official, Abdullah Nasrat, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
A young man was killed and six others, including five children, were injured in the blast, he said, adding some sheep also perished in the incident.
Elsewhere in the province, nine policemen were injured in two separate bombings in Shindand district. The remotely-controlled bombs went off as a police vehicle passed though the area.
A Civil Order Police commander, Brig. Gen. Esa Iftikhari, said nine policemen were injured and their vehicle damaged in the blasts.
The injured were taken to a health facility at the Zafar Military Corps and their condition is stated to be stable.
But another security official said on condition of anonymity that 11 policemen were injured in the incident. No one has so far claimed responsibility for the blasts.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.