3 soldiers injured in Khost grenade attack
KHOST CITY(PAN): Three Afghan soldiers and a civilian were wounded when an unknown assailant lobbed a hand grenade into a security post in southeastern Khost province on Wednesday, an official said.
The incident took place in the Khalbasat area of Sabari district at around 1pm, the district chief, Daulat Khan Qayyumi, said. No one has been arrested so far in connection with the attack, but a manhunt is underway.
Witness Shahid Dilawar said a 12-year-old boy, who was wounded in the blast, succumbed to his injuries in hospital. A Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, claiming responsibility for the grenade attack, said two soldiers were killed.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.