5 guards dead in attack on NATO convoy in Nimroz
Another 7 guards who had been escorting the convoy were injured in the gun attack, which occurred in Tothe area of the Dilaram district late on Friday, police spokesman Col. Abdul Rauf Ahmadi told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The convoy was heading toward southern Helmand province from Herat City when it came under attack, he said. The attackers also torched thirteen fuel tankers.
Ahmadi had no information about whether the attackers had suffered casualties.
The injured guards were taken to a military hospital in the area.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.