Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

NATO-led troops kill civilian in Kunduz raid

NATO-led troops kill civilian in Kunduz raid

By
On
Jun 21, 2011 - 18:23

KUNDUZ CITY (PANinfo-icon): Foreign troops killed a civilian and arrested three others during a night-time operation in the Imaminfo-icon Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, an official said on Tuesday.

The raid was conducted on a house in the Yakathoth area on Monday night, the district chief, Mohammad Ayub Haqyar, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

He said the operation was carried out by US Special Forces that killed a civilian and led to the arrest of three others.

The Americans did not inform local authorities prior to launching the offensive, he said, adding there was no evidence that the dead person had any links with the Talibaninfo-icon.

ISAFinfo-icon's media office in Kabulinfo-icon said that no operation had been carried out in the Imam Sahib district. In a statement, the force said an operation was carried out against a Taliban leader in the Dasht-i-Archi district on Monday night.

A number of insurgents were killed, the statement said. It said nothing about the targeted individual.

ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Twitter Update