Police involvement in hotel attack ruled out
The Taliban-claimed attack on the Intercontinental, one of two major hotels used by foreigners and Afghan government officials, a rare night-time raid that began on Tuesday and ended five hours later with 12 killed.
Nine civilians, two policemen, one Spanish national, and nine suicide bombers were killed and 13 civilians, five government officials, and two ISAF soldiers were injured in the attack..
The National Directorate of Security (NDS) spokesman, Lofullah Mashal, on Wednesday said an investigation had been opened into the assault to know if police had any involvement.
But the interior ministry in a statement said police were not involved, though there was a security lapse.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.