Karzai vows assistance in phone call with Khost governor
Governor Abdul Jabbar Naeemi gave Karzai more information about an ISAF air strike that struck a civilian home Wednesday in the Kamal Khel area of the Domanda district, the presidential palace said in a statement.
2nd Lt. Hamedullah, the district police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News that all those killed in the strike were civilians, adding that eight children, three women, and two men were killed in the attack.
According to the statement, President Karzai also ordered security officials to open an investigation into the issue and to report back to the presidential palace.
The ISAF media office in Kabul confirmed the airstrike and said that the force had sent envoys to the area to investigate further.
Khost residents protested on Thursday, closing the Khost-Grades highway for hours.
Last month, President Karzai strongly condemned civilian casualties in Helmand province resulting from ISAF airstrikes.
At the time, President Karzai warned ISAF that if civilian casualties continued, Afghans would view the foreign troops as occupiers.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.