Karzai orders probe into Logar nighttime raid
On Friday night, six civilians, four Taliban fighters, including a commander, were killed during a joint operation by NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (SAF) and Afghan soldiers in the Baraki Barak district.
A statement issued by the Presidential Palace said three national police were also among those killed in the night raid. The president ordered the officials concerned and the governor of Logar to investigate the incident and submit a report to the palace, it said.
The district chief, Mohammad Rahim Amin, on Friday said the joint forces had been to the area, where four Taliban fighters lived in the house of Malim Asif, a local civilian in Padkhwab Roghani area.
When the forces arrived in the area, they were attacked from the house, leaving one Afghan soldier dead. Later NATO aircrafts bombed the house, killing six members from the same family and four Taliban fighters, including a commander.
The six family members included a father and mother, a son and three daughters, the district chief said, adding the house of Malim Asif was totally destroyed.
A Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid also confirmed casualties inflicted on the fighters. He claimed the fighters killed 10 Afghan and foreign soldiers.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.