2 guards killed, 21 injured in Kandahar suicide blast
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): Two guards of a private security company were killed and 21 others wounded when a suicide attacker blew up his explosives laden car west of Kandahar city, the capital of southern Kandahar province, late on Sunday, an official said.
The attack targeted the guards working for the US Protection and Investigations, or USPI, on the Kandahar-Herat highway in the Bagh Pul area, the governor's spokesman, Zalmay Ayubi, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The guards were gathered on the highway after they had stopped to offer afternoon prayers at a nearby mosque when came under attack, Ayubi said.
The attacker exploded his explosives laden motor car among the guards, killing two of them and injuring another 21.
A doctor on duty at the Kandahar civil hospital, speaking on condition of anonymity, said they had been delivered a number of wounded people, but he had no exact figures at the moment.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.