5 soldiers killed in Khost blast
KHOST CITY (PAN): Five Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers were killed in a roadside bombing in the southeastern province of Khost, an official said on Thursday.
The predawn blast took place at 1am when an army patrol vehicle hit the bomb in the Shambawat area of Nadar Shah Kot district, the governor’s spokesman said.
Mubarez Mohammad Zadran confirmed to Pajhwok Afghan News the death of five soldiers. He said the vehicle was destroyed.
A Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, claimed responsibility for the attack, saying that five soldiers had been killed and several others injured.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.