5 killed by poisonous gas in Takhar
TALOQAN (PAN): Five people died after inhaling carbon monoxide gas produced by coal they were burning to heat their room in the northern province of Takhar, officials said on Friday.
The incident took place at a filling station late on Thursday night in the Pul-i-Kalan area on the outskirts of Taloqan, the provincial capital, the Takhar Civil Hospital director said.
Habibullah Rustaqi told Pajhwok Afghan News the victims were using coal in their heaters that produced the poisonous gas.
The dead included two owners of the fuel station, two of their guests from Mazar-i-Sharif, and the fifth was a resident of a nearby area, he added.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.