Gunmen hijack 4 NATO supply trucks
The incident took place at the Mezai terminal near the Qala-i-Abdullah locality in the afternoon, a local reporter said. The gunmen also seized the drivers, he added.
Nimatullah Sarhadi told Pajhwok Afghan News the authorities had stopped containers with supplies for foreign troops in Afghanistan at the Chaman border crossing over the past two weeks.
He said the four vehicles were hijacked after they were moved back to the Karachi port on Sunday. The gunmen also kidnapped the drivers and cleaners, whose whereabouts are still unknown.
Local police officer Munir Kakar said an investigation had been launched. Two of the four kidnapped drivers had been released, he added.
The incident came three days after gunmen attacked a terminal in Quetta, setting ablaze 30 vehicles. Islamabad halted supplies to NATO forces in Afghanistan after 24 of its soldiers were killed in a cross-border attack in the Mohmand tribal region on November 26.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.