Taliban's attacks a show of power ahead of talks: Wesa
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): The governor of southern Kandahar province on Wednesday said Tuesday's suicide attacks by the Taliban were meant to show their strength ahead of the proposed peace talks with the US in Doha.
There were two suicide attacks in Kandahar city on Tuesday. The second blast killed seven people and wounded over a dozen others. The dead included four civilians and three policemen.
Earlier in the day, a suicide bomber on a motorbike struck a crowded bazaar killing four children and a policeman.
Taliban have claimed responsibility for one of the attacks.
Governor Tooryalai Wesa told reporters in Kandahar city, the scene of the attacks, that both Afghans and the government would continue their war against the militants.
He said the deadly attacks showed the real face of the Taliban who were following the agenda of their masters outside the country.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.