2 of a family killed in Kunduz blastBy Wahidullah Jan 15, 2012 - 12:11
KUNDUZ CITY (PAN): Two members of a family were killed and three others wounded when a bomb hidden in their house heater went off in the northern province of Kunduz, officials said on Sunday.
The incident took place in the Janat Baz village of Khanabad district on Saturday evening, the town’s administrative chief said, adding the explosives had been planted in a makeshift heater, locally called Bukhari.
Nizamuddin Nashir told Pajhwok Afghan News the dead included a mother and her 12-year-old daughter. Her two other young daughters and a son were injured in the blast and evacuated to the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Hospital in Kunduz City. Their condition is stated to be stable.
A member of the family, Khairullah, 19, accused his uncle of planting the bomb inside their home. He said they had a dispute over land with their uncle.
The accused had fled his home, indicating his involvement in the incident, the district police chief, Lt. Col. Habibullah, said. An investigation into the blast has been launched.