Karzai orders probe into Kapisa airstrike
The airstrike by the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) troops struck the Giao village in Nijrab district on Thursday, killing eight children.
A statement issued from the Presidential Palace said President Karzai had ordered the creation of a team led by his advisor, Mohammad Zahir Sapi, to probe the incident.
The investigation team is comprised of parliamentarians, representatives of the ministries of defence and interior, National Directorate of Security (NDS), Cabinet members and other officials.
The team had been ordered to submit a report to the President after completing the probe, the statement said. Karzai also talked to Kapisa Governor over the telephone and extended his deep condolences to the victims’ families.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.