Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

2 foreign advisors shot dead inside MoI

2 foreign advisors shot dead inside MoI

Feb 25, 2012 - 18:33

KABULinfo-icon (PANinfo-icon): Two foreign advisors at the Ministry of Interior (MoI) were found dead on Saturday, the ministry said, without explaining who killed them.

The foreign nationals were killed inside the ministry late on Saturday noon, a brief statement from MoI said, hours after some media outlets reported gunshots inside the building.

According to unconfirmed reports, the individuals were Americans who were shot dead by an Afghan policeman after a verbal clash. However, an independent confirmation was not immediately possible.

“This afternoon, two of our international counterparts were killed inside the compound of the ministry. An investigation into the incident has already been launched,” ministry spokesperson Siddiq Siddiqi said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the NATOinfo-icon-led International Security Assistance Force also confirmed the deaths of killing of two soldiers. “Initial reports indicate an individual turned his weapon against ISAFinfo-icon servicemembers in Kabul today...”

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) commander in Afghanistaninfo-icon condemned the attack that killed two coalition officers at the ministry.

“My thoughts and prayers are with the families and loved ones of the brave individuals lost today," said Gen. John R. Allen.

"We are investigating the crime and will pursue all leads to find the person responsible for this attack.  The perpetrator of this attack is a coward whose actions will not go unanswered."

Gen. Allen continued: “"For obvious force protection reasons, I have also taken immediate measures to recall all other ISAF personnel working in ministries in and around Kabul,".

He said they were committed to their partnership with the Afghan government to reach their common goal of a peaceful, stable and secure Afghanistan.

As usual, the Talibaninfo-icon claimed responsibility for the deaths, saying four Americans had been gunned down by a militant named Abdur Rahman.

The insurgent movement said the assault was in retaliation for the Quraninfo-icon desecration at the Bagram Airbase.

The deaths came on the fifth day of violent nationwide protests over the alleged burning of the holy book by US forces in central Parwan province.

On Thursday, one foreign soldier was shot dead by an Afghan National Army (ANA) member in the Khogyani district of eastern Nangarhar province.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update