Twin blasts rock Mehtarlam, no casualties
MEHTARLAM (PAN): Two back-to-back bomb explosions rocked Mehtarlam city, the capital of eastern Laghman province, overnight, while a third explosion was prevented, police said on Monday. There were no casualties.
The twin blasts took place in Saraj port and Alingar bus stop areas on Sunday night, police officer Maj. Mohammad Daud Barakzai, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Although there were no casualties, police had launched an investigation, he said, adding a third bomb attack had been prevented after police found some explosives planted along Ulfat Road in the city.
Resident Bashir Ahmad said the two explosions happened at around 9 pm.
The Taliban have claimed responsibilities for the incident, with their spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, saying several security men were killed and injured in the provincial capital.
He said there were four blasts.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.