Relatives of war victims receive cash support
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): Thirty-two families who lost their beloved ones to suicide attacks, roadside bombings and other incidents of violence, on Tuesday received financial assistance in southern Kandahar province, an official said.
Seven members of the families were killed and another 25 injured as a result of violence over the past two years in Kandahar, the deputy governor told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Abdul Qadim Patyal said relatives of the people sustaining injuries in bomb blasts were given 50,000afs ($1010.7) each and those having lost their near and dear ones received 100,000afs in cash.
The assistance had been released by the Presidential Palace for distribution to war victims and flood-affected families, he added. The governor’s office will continue to assist victims of terrorist attacks.
Ehsanull-Haq, a resident of the 7th police district, said he had lost his brother to a blast last year. “Although the money cannot bring back my brother, it encourages us to trust our government.”
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.