100 girl students apparently poisoned in Takhar
TALOQAN (PAN): More than 100 girl students were hospitalised, apparently poisoned, after drinking water at their school in northern Takhar province, officials said on Tuesday.
The incident took place in the afternoon at a girl’s school in the Rostaq district, Mustafa Rassouli, the governor’s office acting spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The sick students were rushed to the provincial civil hospital and a health clinic in the district.
District chief Mohammad Hussain, confirming the incident, said it remained unknown that what had been mixed in the water, but an investigation was ongoing.
The affected students were aged between 10 and 18 years old.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.