5 private guards killed in Zabul blast
QALAT (PAN): Five guards of a private security company were killed on Monday when their vehicle struck a roadside bomb in the Shahr-i-Safa district of southern Zabul province, an official said.
The bombing occurred in the afternoon, said Khadi Khan, the town’s administrative head. The guards were escorting a convoy of vehicles carrying supplies for NATO-led troops.
Security forces launched a search operation in the area, but so far no arrest could be made in connection with the attack, Khan added.
Eyewitness Abdul Muqeem said it was a powerful explosion that destroyed the vehicle of the security guards. The blast was followed by gunshots at the scene, he added.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.