Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Charity body asks MoD to return its land

Charity body asks MoD to return its land

May 26, 2012 - 20:41

KABULinfo-icon (PANinfo-icon): A charity organistaion on Saturday accused the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of grabbing 58.5 acres of land belonging to the organistaion’s founder, the late Majeed Zabuli.

A representative of the “Zabuli Charity Foundation” told reporters in Kabul that another 25 acres of Zabuli’s land had been seized by a person named Syed Karim Baha in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangahar province.

Mohammad Karim Khurram further claimed a house belonged to Zabuli in Herat province had been illegally occupied by Energy and Water Minister Ismail Khan.

His claims come a month after Office of Oversight and Anti-Corruption head Azizullah Lodin told Kabul University teachers that Ismail Khan was involved in corruption. Before that, Lodin had told the Wolesi Jirgainfo-icon, lower house, that the assembly had granted trust vote to a minister accused of embezzling $80 million.

Khurram said Zabuli in his will had mentioned that 70 percent of income from his property, worth $200 million, be used to develop the educationinfo-icon sector and the remaining 30 percent to help poor families.

He said all legal documents of the seized land had been produced before the judicial organs, but no action had so far been taken to retake the land from its illegal grabbers.

He said the organistaion wants the land back so it can be used according to the deceased’s will.

MoD spokesman Gen. Zahir Azeemi said since it was a legal issue, he could not comment on it.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update