Violence claims 9 people in Nangarhar
JALALABAD (PAN): Nine people, including five members of a family, were killed in two separate security attacks in the eastern province of Nangarhar, officials said on Wednesday.
At about 7 am on Wednesday, a civilian vehicle hit a roadside bomb, between Dawootkhel and Kotwal areas of Haska Mena district, the administrative chief of the town Israrullah Qarizada told Pajhwok Afghan News.
The district’s executive senior officer Qambarkhel died on the spot, while his finance officer and a clerk passed away in the hospital, he said.
No one has so far claimed responsibility for the roadside blast.
In another case, five members of a family were killed on Tuesday night when unidentified men hurled hand grenades into the house of Mangal, in the Perakhel village of Waziro area of Khogyani district, said administrative head of the town Hajji Syed Rahman.
Mangal, his two sons, two grandsons were killed and as many other wounded grandsons were taken to a nearby hospital, he said.
A police team had been dispatched to the area to investigate.
A resident of the area, Mohammad Ayub said the family neither had links with the government nor with the militants.
In another incident, militants killed a tribal elder’s son, Hajji Khyal, after he was abducted from Batikot district of the province.
His body was dumped in Golaye village of Ghanikhel district, said Batikot district chief, Hajji Zalmay.
The dead body was handed over to his family at 9 am after an autopsy, he said.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.