Over 100 schoolgirls poisoned in Sar-i-Pul
Over 100 students from the school were taken to the Sar-i-Pul Civil Hospital after the poisoning incident, the director of public health Dr. Aminullah Alteem told Pajhwok Afghan News.
After some students developed rashes on their skin, the teachers sent them to the hospital and other students were allowed to return home, he said.
An official of the education department, Abdul Wakil Sadat, confirmed the incident saying the students were poisoned at noon.
“We were studying in our classroom when we smelt a bad odor and fell unconscious,” said a seventh grade student Hangama.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.