Accidents & Disasters
Fire erupts at Sar-i-Pul governor’s officeBy Yaqub Ali Madani Jul 31, 2012 - 18:04
SAR-I-PUL (PAN): A blaze at the governor’s house in northern Sar-i-Pul province on Tuesday partially burnt files, computers and furniture, a resident said.
Giving an eyewitness account, he said the fire erupted at 9.30am and raged for two hours. Six offices in the compound were partly damaged, he claimed.
A governor’s house official, who did not want to be named, confided to Pajhwok Afghan News the blaze had resulted from an electric short circuit in the liaison section.
Governor Abdul Jabbar Haqbin could not be approached for comments, but an official at his office explained the fire had not damaged important documents.