Fire erupts at Turkish company warehouse
The fire erupted at 3:30am in the Beko Technical Workshop and was controlled at about 7am, said the deputy chief of the 101st Asmayee police zone, Col. Mohammad Daud Amini.
They blaze was doused by firefighters, he said, believing an electric short-circuit had caused the fire. Police have launched an investigation into the incident.
The single-storey building, where gas cylinders, refrigerators, washing machines, coolers and other electronic equipment were stored, was torched.
“It was Sehri time when the fire erupted, but police reached the scene within minutes and controlled the fire,” said a resident of the area, Abdul Rauf.
If the gas cylinders in the store had exploded, the blaze would have spread to nearby houses, he said, asking the government not to allow such companies to operate in residential places.
Turkish firefighters under the command of International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) also reached the scene at 6am and helped overcome the blaze.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.