Security and Crime
Baby among 6 killed in Khost blastBy Pajhwok reporter Nov 11, 2012 - 09:59
KHOST CITY (PAN): Six members of a family, including a newborn child, were killed in a road-side bomb explosion in the Sabari district of this southeastern province Sunday morning, officials said.
The six were travelling in the Maktab Bazaar region of the district where their pick-up truck hit the landmine around 5am, district police chief, Roshan, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Roshan said the mother of the child had been taken to hospital on Saturday to deliver her child. The child, its parents, grandparents and uncle were all killed in the explosion as they were returning home.
Wali Khan, a local resident, confirmed the explosion and said the bomb might have been planted by the Taliban. He added that security forces launched an operation in the region and that the Taliban planted landmines to drive government forces out of the region.