Nearly 200 construction firm workers poisonedBy Mohammad Asif Ahmadzai Feb 10, 2013 - 19:15
KABUL (PAN): Nearly 200 employees of a construction firm were hospitalised in Kabul after they ate poisoned food, an official said on Sunday.
Anthony hospital head, Dr. Abdul Rahman Akbari, told Pajhwok Afghan News they had been delivered 196 workers showing symptoms of nausea, stomach pain and weakness.
He said an known substance had been mixed in the food they took Saturday night. Most of the victims, who work for the firm, VICC, were discharged after treatment and only a few remained under medical observation, the doctor said.