Torkham-Jalalabad highway closed
JALALABAD (PAN): The Torkham-Jalalabad highway has been closed due to an ongoing gunbattle between rebels and security forces in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Thursday.
The clash erupted in Third Farm area of Batikot district, where the insurgents stormed a convoy of commercial goods, the district chief, Mirza Mohammad Nasrat, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Without giving details, he said the highway remained closed and a number of containers had been torched. Resident Akbar Khan said one man had been killed, but his identity was yet to be established.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.