Gunmen seize 2 de-miners in Kandahar
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): Unknown gunmen on Saturday abducted two de-miners and set on fire their two vehicles in the Arghistan district of southern Kandahar province, an official said.
The town's administrative chief, Abdul Ghani Muslimyar, told Pajhwok Afghan News the incident took place in the afternoon in the Wandoz Manda area.
Blaming the kidnapping on the rebels, he said a security operation had been launched to rescue the pair.
However, the governor's spokesman Javed Faisal confirmed the abduction of only one de-miner. He said a vehicle was torched in the incident.
The two officials did not say to which firm the abducted men are belonging.