16 militants join peace process in Balkh
MAZAR-I-SHARIF (PAN): Sixteen insurgents including their commander joined the government-initiated reconciliation process in northern Balkh province, an official said on Wednesday.
Haji Akhtar Mohammad Ibrahimkhel told Pajhwok Afghan News the group, which had been active in the Char Bolak and Deh Dad districts, surrendered 15 weapons.
They had been fighting against government for five years but now they were tired of fighting, said Khan Gul. “Recently, I realised that we are killing innocent people in an unjust war, so we abandoned fighting. He said they were fighting for the sake of money provided by Pakistan through their commanders.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.