Here is Pajhwok’s continuous news coverage of the presidential runoff...
Security and Crime
10 injured in suicide attack on army busBy Pajhwok Report Feb 27, 2013 - 08:42
KABUL: (PAN) Ten people including six Afghan National Army soldiers were wounded on Wednesday morning in a suicide attack on defence ministry bus in Kabul, officials said.
A 3rd police district official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the suicide attacker detonated his explosive vest after approaching the bus carrying ANA employees in Kart-i-Seh area at around 7am.
He said seven people on board, including ANA soldiers and other employees, were wounded in the bombing.
But the district police chief, Faizullah, told Pajhwok Afghan News six people had been injured in the assault and an investigation had been launched.
A bakery owner in the area, Saifullah, said the ANA bus stopped before his shop to pick defence ministry employees. He added they heard a strong explosion moments after a boy blew himself up under the bus, injuring one of his workers.
Two women, who were purchasing bread, were also injured, he said. The wounded were shifted to the Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan Hospital, but information about their condition was not immediately available.
A Ministry of Defence spokesman, meanwhile, said six soldiers and four civilian were injured. Gen. Zahir Azimi, without giving further details, said the injured had been evacuated to hospital.
Eye witness, Hekmatullah, said the army bus was destroyed as a result of the powerful blast.
As usual, the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, with the group's spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid saying many casualties had been inflicted on those on board. He gave no specific figures, however.