Suicide attacks no strategic threat: MoI
KABUL (PAN): The Ministry of Interior (MoI) on Tuesday said it was concerned about suicide attacks, but the assaults could not represent any strategic threat to the security transition process and the 2014 elections.
Saddiq Saddique, the ministry spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News suicide attacks were last option the Taliban had been left with to make their presence felt.
He said the Taliban had no ability to bring the morale down of Afghan security forces who had strengthened enough.
The official said the rebels had no courage to enter a face-to-face battle with Afghan security forces and therefore they opted to carry out suicide attacks and plant roadside bombs.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.