Transfer facilities to Afghans, ISAF urged
KABUL (PAN): The parliamentarians on Wednesday asked international troops, who are scheduled to leave Afghanistan next year, not to dismantle their military installations and hand them over to the government.
Chairing the Wolesi Jirga session, Deputy Speaker Mirwais Yasin told the lower house the foreign troops had recently started destroying their installations in different parts of the country.
“These centres shouldn’t be damaged. They belong to us, given the fact they are located on Afghanistan’s soil,” Yasini remarked, who repeatedly cautioned against the destruction of ISAF installations.
A public representative from Herat province, Nazir Ahmad Hanafi, said the installations’ destruction proved that foreign forces were complicit with Pakistan in suicide attacks in Afghanistan.
The NATO-led soldiers planned to destroy their facilities and give Pakistan some of their military equipment, Hanafi claimed, saying: “It’s the West that has made us impoverished.”
Abdul Latif Pidram, a lawmaker from northern Badakhshan province, alleged the military facilities built by different Afghan governments had been destroyed after the foreign forces’ deployment to the country in 2001.
The house unanimously urged the NATO-led troops to refrain from dismantling their facilities and transfer them to Afghan forces.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.