Ghor clash leaves 5 dead, 2 injured
CHAGHCHARAN (PAN): Five people were killed, two wounded and six taken hostage as a result of an ongoing clash between two illegal armed commander in western Ghor province, local officials said on Thursday.
The clash between commanders Habibullah and Mohammad Shah erupted in the Allah Yar area on the outskirts of Chaghcharan, the provincial capital, erupted on Wednesday morning.
Col. Dilawar Shah, the provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the firefight was still in progress, with five people killed and two others wounded.
Police had been dispatched to the area to stop the fighting, he said, adding that more Afghan policemen and troops were on their way to the scene.
Abdul Hai Khatibi, the governor’s spokesman, linked the clash to differences between the illegal armed groups, which had occasionally traded fire in the past as well, resulting in casualties.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.