Reforms in Nangarhar police on the cards
KABUL (PAN): In the wake of deadly suicide attacks and bomb explosions in eastern Nangarhar province this week, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) has decided to evaluate the situation and bring changes and reforms to the provincial police leadership.
MoI spokesman Ghulam Siddique Siddiqui told Pajhwok Afghan News on Tuesday Nangarhar’s security environment was seriously followed.
He said the province had been relatively peaceful over the past many years, but insurgents lately intensified their destructive activities aimed at torturing residents.
However, Siddiqui said a new security mechanism was being executed and every possible measure was being considered to improve the situation in Nangarhar.
Afghan forces would not allow terrorists to destablise one of the most important provinces, he said, revealing a delegation had been sent to Jalalabad to evaluate the situation.
The delegation would examine the capacity and capability of the provincial police in order to recommend changes, he said.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.