Chinese deaths being probed: official
KABUL (PAN): The Interior Ministry on Monday said an investigation had been launched and a Chinese man being questioned by police over the circumstances surrounding the deaths of three Chinese in Kabul.
The three were found murdered at their apartment in Kabul after a party, according to Afghan authorities.
China's state news agency said the three were killed on Thursday, but the deaths were reported on Friday. An Afghan national had also been killed in the attack, the motive of which is still unclear.
Interior Ministry spokesman Siddiqui Siddique told a press conference in Kabul that two other Chinese had been present during the attack and one of them was being questioned by police to ascertain how the attack took place.
“The Chinese man is being questioned by police and it is hoped he would have details of the attack,” the official said.
He said it appeared one Chinese had thrown a party and invited others Chinese to the apartment. Siddique claimed police had gathered enough information about the incident and the killers would be arrested soon.
A Chinese national who went missing after the deadly shooting had found refuge at a US military base after escaping his captors. The base transferred him to the Chinese embassy.
The man was reportedly forced into a car by unidentified Afghans on Friday morning after three Chinese, two women and a man, and an Afghan man were killed in the apartment the day before.
A picture of the crime scene showed a dimly lit room with very little furniture other than a double bed, which was littered with clothes and bedding.
The Chinese embassy urged Afghan authorities to launch a thorough investigation and ensure the security of Chinese citizens and institutions.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.