Kabul condemns crushing protestors across Egypt
"The Afghan government expresses its deepest sympathies to the families of those killed and those injured during the crackdown," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
"It is the wish and hope of the Afghan government and its people for our brothers and sisters in Egypt to find a peaceful political solution soon, and to ensure there is no further violence as part of efforts to that end," the short statement concluded.
At least 525 people were killed and 3,717 others were injured across Egypt in clashes between supporters of ousted President Morsi and the security troops.
The fierce clashes spread beyond Cairo to towns and cities around Egypt. Deposed president Mohamed Mursi's Muslim Brotherhood said the death toll was far higher.
Thousands of Mursi's supporters had been camped at two major sites in Cairo since before he was toppled on July 3, and had vowed not to leave the streets until he was returned to power.
The assault, ending a six-week stand-off, defied international pleas for restraint and a negotiated political solution.
Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim said 43 police were among the dead. Security forces had completely cleared two protest camps in the capital and would not tolerate any further sit-ins, he said, vowing to restore Mubarak-era security.
Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawi defended the use of force, condemned by the United States and European governments.
US Secretary of State John Kerry, European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon all deplored the use of force and called for the state of emergency to be lifted as soon as possible.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.