Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

NATO troops among 15 injured in Kandahar

NATO troops among 15 injured in Kandahar

Aug 16, 2013 - 14:45

KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): Eight NATO-led troops were among 15 others sustained injuries on Friday when a suicide bomber on foot attacked a joint Afghan-ISAF forces’ convoy on a highway in southern Kandahar province, officials said.

The attacker targeted the joint forces after they had stopped on the Kandahar City- Spin Boldak highway in front of the Kandahar Airfield before noon, the 205th Atal Military Corps commander, Gen. Abdul Hamid, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

The injured included eight foreign troops, four Afghan soldiers and three civilians, he said, adding the attack came after a vehicle of the foreign troops had overturned, causing the convoy to stop.

ISAFinfo-icon media office in Kabulinfo-icon said they had been informed about the attack, but had no details at the moment. The force said it had launched an investigation into the incident.

Police spokesman Ghorzang Afridi said the joint forces were on their way from Kandahar City to the Arghistan district when came under attack.

The blast site had been cordoned off and the highway blocked against vehicular traffic, he said.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment


Twitter Update