KP govt warns of halting NATO supplies
ISLAMABAD (PAN): Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak has warned his government would block supplies to Afghanistan-based NATO troops if the US does not halt drone strikes in Pakistan.
Khattak told reporters in the northwestern city of Nowshera on Saturday that his administration would be left with no option but to stop supplies to the International Security Assistance Force if drone attacks continued.
He had asked the Centre to hold result-oriented talks with the Taliban for bringing peace and stability to the country, particularly to the militancy-plagued province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The provincial government, led by the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf, was in favour of jirga of religious scholars holding negotiations with the militants, he said, calling for the insurgents to announce a ceasefire.
Mainstream political parties had mandated the central government to enter parleys with the militants, he said, regretting the Centre had been lethargic in implementing recommendations of a recent all parties conference.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.