4 US troops among 29 injured in Kandahar blast
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): At least 25 civilians and four American troops sustained injuries when a suicide bomber attacked a convoy of foreign forces in a bazaar in southern Kandahar province on Thursday, officials said.
The convoy of American troops was passing through in Kashki Nakhod bazaar in Maiwand district when a suicide bomber attacked it around 1: 30pm, local security officials said.
Eyewitnesses said the attack left many killed and wounded, including civilians and American troops, but exact figures were yet to be ascertained.
The governor’s spokesman, Javed Faisal, told Pajhwok Afghan News at least seven people were injured in the attack that he confirmed targeted a convoy of American forces.
He said primary information suggested seven civilians had been wounded in the explosion. He had no information about any fatalities as a result of the blast.
Local security officials put at 25 the number of civilians injured in the explosion that they said left four International Security Assistant Forces (ISAF) soldiers wounded.
More details to follow soon.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.