Blast victims’ families compensated
JALALABAD (PAN): The government on Thursday compensated families of victims of a suicide attack on the Indian Consulate in eastern Nangarhar province, officials said.
At least 11 people, including eight civilians, were killed and 24 others wounded in the suicide attack on the Indian consulate in Jalalabad, the provincial capital, in August.
A delegation from Kabul visited Jalalabad and conveyed again President Hamid Karzai’s condolences to the families of those who lost their near and dear ones in the assault.
Governor Attaullah Ludin told Pajhwok Afghan News that in compliance with the president’s directive, he had extended financial help to the families of the eight people killed and 20 injured.
The families of the 17 people wounded during a blast near the building of the tribal affairs department were also given compensation. He said each family of each dead had been given 100,000 afghanis. Each of the injured received 50,000 afghanis.
Qazi Zarshah, the president’s advisor on tribal affairs and head of the delegation, said the bereaved families were given financial aid on Karzai’s special directives. “The president is busy; otherwise he will have personally seen victims’ families.”
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.