Man shot dead, burnt after being kidnapped
MAZAR-I-SHARIF (Pajhwok): The Taliban kidnapped an 18-year-old man on Friday, shot him dead and set his body alight in a gruesome incident in northern Balkh province, police said.
Balkh police spokesman Lal Mohammad Ahmadzai told Pajhwok Afghan News the morning incident in the Sholgar district prompted a security operation that left three rebels dead. Commander Mullah Janak was among six others detained.
The Taliban snatched the young man from Ab wa Taw village and shot him dead before torching his body, he said. The operation resulted in the death of three armed insurgents and arrest of six others.
Five guns and as many motorcycles were recovered from the detainees, according to the police spokesman, who added the situation in the area was peaceful and under control.
The Taliban have not yet commented on the incident that came after a militant commander was killed and his three accomplices were injured during a clash with security forces in Nehr-i-Shahi district last week.
In eastern Laghman province, one person was killed and another wounded when a private car was blown up on the Kabul-Jalalabad highway on Friday.
The governor spokesman, Sarhadi Zwak, confirmed the incident and the casualties.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.